Saturday, September 4, 2010

Roll Tide Baby!


Today we went to the Alabama vs San Jose State game! My plan was to have Daniel wear the outfit in the above picture.  Many thanks to Bess for the precious outfit.  Unfortunately (as I am sure Bess and other "reflux" mothers will understand) Daniel spit up all over his outfit just before we left Birmingham.  However, Bess was generous many months ago and gave us a precious Alabama onsie.  Thanks again, friend!
We parked downtown and rode a trolley to the stadium - definitely worth $2!

We got to the stadium just in time to see the team arrive at the stadium.
Below - looking for the Sabanator

Once we were inside the stadium, we had a snack in the concourse where it was nice and shady (Dreamland barbecue nachos), and then we went inside for pregame.  I want to thank Scotty so much for the tickets.  We enjoyed sitting next to Scotty's friend Wayne and Wayne's sister Shanna.


Daniel was awake for pregame, but fell asleep within the first couple of minutes of the first quarter.  He slept until there were 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.  Then, he started cheering! When the fans would cheer, he would stop and look around; but then, wave his hands in the air and sing out.  Don't worry - we had ear plugs in his ears just after the band came out.  I was really amazed that he didn't try to pull out the plugs.

ROLL TIDE BABY!

......UPDATE.....
If you can't tell from the above pictures, Daniel was not feeling good.  Today marks 6 weeks that he has had one thing or another.   He was fine Saturday morning, slept all the way to Tuscaloosa, and then had some cold symptoms brewing by the time we got out of the car.  It wasn't until he woke up after his 1st and 2nd quarter nap that his eyes were matted. We left at halftime and were home within an hour.  He woke up at 2AM with a horrible sounding cough and subsequently "tossed his cookies."  Sunday morning we took him to the Children's Acton Road After Hours clinic where he was diagnosed with croup and pink eye.  I guess that's just the way it goes with daycare kiddos. Say prayers of healing and wellness for us, please!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no.... I was excited when I saw pictures of y'all at the game. Was hoping Daniel had a speedy recovery. So sad to hear that everything was just festering, waiting for the 'grand arrival'. Hope he feels better soon.... And bigger wishes that you get some sleep!

Sherry said...

thanks, Meghan! He is much better today - still cranky, but symptoms are so much better.

BamaGirl said...

Hey girl! I'm sorry he was so sick! He sure looks cute in his Bama attire! I wish we could have been at the game with you guys!