Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Conversations we never thought we'd have...

Some funny things that have been said in our house over the last 4 months:

The doctor says that she wants his poop to be the consistency of oatmeal.
Question: Was his poop the consistency of oatmeal the last time you changed him?
Answer: Hmmm...nope! It was more the consistency of cream of wheat.


---------------------------------------------------
Question: Can you bring me some pants? Quick!
my response: For you or for the baby?
Welles: For both of us, I guess.
my response: Why?
Welles: He pooped on both of us.

Later that day....
Me: Welles, do you realize that this morning, in the span of 15 minutes, you were pooped on, spit up on, and peed on by your son?
Welles: I guess I was. Man!
Me: My mom says that it's good luck to get pooped on. Did you have a good day?
Welles: Well, it wasn't as bad as getting pooped on, peed on and spit up on!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Oh Gosh! Spit-up! HONEY! Bring me a towel!
Welles: We need to keep towels around us at all times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Me: I am going to CVS to get his prescription refilled.
Welles: While you are out buying things that don't work, go ahead and buy that other stuff for gas, too (Mylicon).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Welles: If this (new medicine) doesn't work, I am going to call his doctor and send him to her house for a few days!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
After hours of crying....
Welles: Don't you think Missy would make a great babysitter?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
And because I cannot post without a picture of Daniel - here you go. Pouty lip. Just like his mama (post below of me at 2)


3 comments:

Leah said...

Thanks! I needed a laugh today. It is so true...I never thought I'd be this concerned with the consistency of anyone's poop, but it is amazing how much it is discussed when you have a newborn! I just got projectile type spit-up all over me. Maybe it will be a super day. =)

BamaGirl said...

Those conversations sound oddly familiar! It WILL get better. He sure is cute though!

Kristin said...

You are too funny!