Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Part III: Cool Places

The cruise left from New Orleans, and Welles and I woke up bright and early Saturday morning. We left at 5:00 Am and arrived at the cruise parking deck around 10:30. We decided to walk to Cafe Du Monde because Welles had never had these:
They were so good! After a walk through the Riverwalk mall, we decided to board the ship. As I mentioned earlier, that was not the best experience. Some lady made us get in the wrong line - no matter that I kept protesting - and we were 2.5 hours waiting in line to board the ship. Upon boarding the ship, I felt it was finally time to relax and just wanted to take a nap in our room. HOWEVER, nobody told me about the DRILL! We had to get our life jackets and head to the muster station that we were assigned to so that we could be led to lifeboats. It was not fun, but we did find a great spot to see the sunset as we headed down the Mississippi River.

Since we had the cruise drama, we did not arrive in Key West until 1:45 on Monday - we were supposed to be there at 7:00 AM. Unfortunately, that meant that we only had about 2.5 hours in Key West. We cancelled our kayak excursion and just walked around picking up souvenirs and a case water. (Note to all of those that want bottled water on the ship...you must bring your own or risk paying $2.25 for a .5 Liter bottle).

The following day, we cruised to Nassau.

I will say that someday when we have kiddos we both really want to take them to Atlantis! What a cool place! Check out the following pictures from Atlantis and then the Queen's Staircase in Nassau.

No comments: