Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lately



We are getting into a new routine with my new job and Daniel's new school.  He has been getting very good reports lately.  During the olympics, his teachers held several events.  Daniel participated in a bean bag toss, tricycle racing, and a relay.  His teachers said he did very well and is a great competitor.  They also did several art projects to celebrate that exciting time.


Looking at the swing picture reminds me of so many other swing pictures...see how he has progressed over the last year and a half!










Daniel is a funny little guy.  He hopped up on our bed last Saturday morning and said, "We're terrific!"  His vocabulary is really getting complex.  Daniel and I had dinner with my friend Lauren from UAB about a week ago.  She was drawing on demand, and he asked her to draw a dinosaur.  After she said, "OK," he said, "Draw a triceratops, Lauren!"  We were both impressed with that request!

Daniel spent the night with my parents last Saturday night while Welles and I went to Picasso Pets (a benefit for Hand in Paw).  He put on my sister's dance costume and ran around screaming, "I is  superhero!  I'm flying!"  They all got a good laugh out of that!


We went to get our Church portrait taken a few weeks ago.  We put Daniel in a white button-down shirt.  He looked down as Welles was buttoning his shirt and said, "I'm a doctor!"



Below are some random pictures from recent weeks.


Eating sticky rice at Chipotle

Visiting Aunt Mary Anne and Uncle Russel

Feeding the turtles with Aunt B and Patrick

He loved the baby turtles

Watching a video in Daddy's new car

No comments: