Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Leaving UAB means leaving the CDC we have grown to love!

Today was a little sad because we had to say goodbye to some amazing teachers and to some little friends.  I admit - I teared up - a lot!  Daniel has learned so much at the CDC.  He learned the sounds animals make, his colors, shapes, how to count to 14, his ABCs, the words to "What a Wonderful World" (which by the way we sing every night...), about insects and arachnids, transportation, and so much more. 

The other day, we were on our way home from school.  Daniel said, "Mommy!  I not cry anymore!  We can talk about it."  Of course - knowing that I didn't teach him that brilliant principle, I asked Rhonda if that is something she told Daniel.  She did - her version goes like this, "We don't cry about it...we can talk about it, sing about it, dance about it, but we're not going to cry about it."  This is one of my favorite things he learned.  I shared it with a friend of mine who manages a department - she is planning to use that same pre-school logic for her next staff meeting.

On the way to school yesterday, we saw a beautiful rainbow in the sky.  It was my first day at my new job, and it reminded me that this is a new, bright beginning.


When we were about 2 miles away from the center, it started raining...hard!  Daniel said, "Mommy!  We need to check the forecast!"  Yes, thanks to Rhonda and Rachelle, Daniel knows all about weather, too!

Below are some pictures from the last few weeks and from today.  We will miss you guys more than you know!  You have left impressions on our hearts that we will never forget.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Daniel giving Jude a ride

Hug from Miles and the dinosaur



Hug from Alex

Most of the gang - lots of boys in the Little Bears class!

Hugs from Jude

Hugs from Madeline

High Five with Jude

Low five with Jude

Hugs from sweet teachers

Ms Rhonda and Ms. Rachelle

No comments: