Our beloved Tuscaloosa was hit last week as were several cities just north of Birmingham. We are so fortunate that although Bluff Park was hit, we didn't have damage at our house. Ashley sent me this video this morning and I wanted to share it.
Please take time to look at the video - the pictures are absolutely incredible, and I honestly do not recognize so many of the places that I used to know. My heart breaks for my college town and for those that are hurting all across Alabama.
A friend that I work with at UAB shared some pictures with us from her neighborhood. She lives in Pleasant Grove which was also hit very hard in the tornados that swept our state. She said that she really has to focus when she drives home because nothing is familiar anymore; she doesn't recognize streets or the turns that she needs to make to get to her home. But thankfully, her home is still standing just two streets away from this complete distruction:
Please pray for the families that lived in these homes and for our state. Out of 63 counties, 36 are receiving aid becuase of the destruction that tore through the state. Please pray for our entire state and for those that are volunteering to aid in the clean-up. We are so thankful for God's grace and goodness - even in this storm.





No comments:
Post a Comment