...a tree that fell on our neighbor's roof. Thankfully Ms. Betty and her son Scott are fine.
Welles turned the fan on "high" to block out the sounds of fireworks so we could get some sleep. At around 11:15 P.M. on 12-31-10, I heard a loud cracking noise and a thud. I said, "Welles, something is wrong - a limb fell. Did you hear that?" He said, "maybe they will stop shooting off those fireworks now." He was obviously in a dream state. Later he said he thought it sounded like large hail, and that he thought a storm would make those that were shooting fireworks retreat.
Anyway, a couple of firetrucks arrived and cut away the limbs at the front of the house. They placed a tarp, called the power company to disconnect the power, and Betty and Scott left for the Wynfrey where I assume they will be spending a couple of months. Their home is flooded, cars were dented and damaged, unfortunately, and it will take quite a while to get their home back to normal.
We are thankful that they are OK and that everything will be fixed.
What a way to ring in the new year!


1 comment:
Yikes! I'm glad it wasn't you!
Post a Comment