Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Invaluable!




As new parents, we have found the following things helpful as we start life with the new little one who apparently is suffering from acid reflux:
We now understand the usefullness of a pacifier
The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp-- We are becoming pros at maintaining 4 of the 5 S's to calm Daniel during the witching hour.

AR has added rice starch and has helped control spit up tremendously!

"Cooling him off" with the hairdryer on the warm setting is a trick that works every time we are past the point of trying rational things.

Coffee--need I say more? (for us--not Daniel)

And the tee-tee tee-pee helps with diaper changes, but not necessarily fussiness. This is actually marketed as the "wee-blocker" and has prevented some wee wee disasters!


Any and all tips are appreciated!

2 comments:

BamaGirl said...

haha, all good!!
I would just go buy extra burp cloths and as many absorbent bibs as you can find.
The swing was my lifesaver!

Sherry said...

I wish he liked the swing more...maybe he has to be a little older to appreciate it. He tolerates the swing for about 5 minutes and then falls apart. I will put him in the swing and run around like a mad woman trying to get everything done that I can in 5 minutes! It's pretty comical!