Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas comes early!

Over the weekend, Welles and I decided to shop for Christmas presents early. It hit me on Thanksgiving Day as I was cleaning the grungy old storm door that I NEEDED a new front door and storm door. I mentioned this to Welles, and he said, "I thought we NEEDED a new front door years ago!" OK! So we are on the same page!

Friday evening, we went to our favorite store--Lowe's--and picked out a new door and storm door. Goodbye 1958!

Later Friday, I surprised Welles by saying that I thought it was finally time to look at LCD HDTV's. After researching for several hours, trips to Best Buy, hhgregg, Sam's, Wal-Mart, and Circuit City, a Samsung was purchased. Although we got 4 channels in HDTV (CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS), we didn't have access to all. After my own experiences with Charter and remembering a blog entry from a good friend, I couldn't bear the thought of dealing with them. SO--I told Welles that it was his responsibility to take care of the additional hassle with our cable company.

For all of you who hate your cable company, make your husband or father call them! He called me yesterday in the best mood because not only did he talk to the nicest customer service rep, we are now receiving several channels we didn't before at no extra charge. In fact, our cable bill will be $25 less! You have got to be kidding me??? Maybe Welles had better luck because he actually made a point to go to the service center in person. I am proud that he thanked the guy for having a great attitude, and that he appreciated his kindness. Charter--if you are listening, you need to hire more employees like the one Welles talked to.

We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: